Survey: 88% of Irish Businesses Optimistic About GDPR Compliance
A survey of Irish businesses released this month by Mazar and McCann Fitzgerald provides additional benchmarking data for companies closely following developments in the months after the May rollout of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The online survey of senior employees in compliance and data protection at Irish businesses was conducted during October 2018. The survey captured a cross section of businesses according to number of employees, business sector and industry. There were 73 respondents.
Here was some of the data that were highlighted in the report that they produced describing the results:
– 84% are satisfied that they are materially compliant with GDPR.
– 84% have either implemented IT solutions, or intend to implement over the next 12 months, for delivering and demonstrating GDPR compliance.
– 64% of respondents believe GDPR compliance will be beneficial for organization relations with their employees, customers and other stakeholders in the long term.
– 56% have seen an increase in the volume of data subject access requests since GDPR implementation with 27% noting “they have increased a lot”.
– 54% identified consent as the legal basis or processing which they were finding extremely or very challenging.
– 33% identified Records of Processing Activity (ROPA) / Data Inventory as the greatest remaining challenge for their organization.
Other Blog Posts with Survey Data:
Survey: Half of UK Small Business Owners Confused by GDPR
IAPP Survey on Data Mapping, DPIAs, ROPAs & DSARs after GDPR
KPMG Survey: Consumers Expect Businesses Will Protect Their Data Privacy
Poll: Data Privacy Top Issue for Companies
Harris Poll Finds Less than Half Trust Big Tech with Personal Data
Forrester Study: Customer Privacy is a Competitive Differentiator for 75% of Businesses
Privacy Survey Details Jump in Data Mapping, Privacy Audits
Survey: Data Privacy Top Concern for Potential Customers and Business Partners
Survey: Majority of Fintech Users Want Control Over Third Party Access to Financial Data
Survey: Only 35% of Companies Can Show GDPR Compliance
Survey: Majority of UK Consumers will Exercise Data Subject Access Rights in Next Year
Contact Clarip for CCPA and GDPR Software
The Clarip privacy management software is ready to help improve your organization’s privacy practices. Click here to contact us (return messages within 24 hours) or call 1-888-252-5653 to schedule a demo with a member of the Clarip team.
If your immediate need is California Consumer Privacy Act compliance, take a look at our CCPA software. From consent management to powerful DSAR Software, Clarip offers enterprise privacy management at an affordable price.
Click here to contact us (return messages within 24 hours) or call 1-888-252-5653 to schedule a demo and speak to a member of the Clarip team.